Garage Door Cables & Springs Repair
Garage doors are easily one of the biggest home appliances, and while they don’t call for constant attention, it is still important to keep them maintained and in optimum condition in order to avoid expensive fixes and even serious injuries down the road. While homeowners can fix many of the minor maintenance and inspection items, there are certain situations where you must contact a professional to take care of the more complex issues.
There are so many components involved that make up a garage door, including cables, openers, and springs.
At Lift Up Bros, we offer a wide range of installation and repair services when it comes to garage door accessories. We are experts in fixing faulty openers, and can also offer you valuable advice regarding the best selection in case you require a new unit. We deal with all kinds of openers, including belt drive, screw driver, chain drive, and jackshaft openers. In addition to that, we also carry and offer a diverse range of spares needed for the repairs of existing garage doors, for either DIY or if you require for us to instal
Garage Door Accessories:
Garage Door Openers – Garage door openers were invented in the 1920s, and as the name suggests, they are designed to open a garage door. They can either be operated via a switch on the garage wall or remote control and come in a range of types:
- Cables – Also referred to as a lifting cable, a garage door cable is basically a huge “wire” that consists of smaller wires or strands that attach the door to the springs, which then ensures that your garage door stays balanced at all times of operation. The cables are found on the sides of the door and they pass through pulleys and are wound around a cable drum as the door opens.
- Springs – The springs are considered as the most dangerous and vital component of a garage door, and they are basically designed to support the whole weight of the door panels (sometimes more than 400 lbs). Plus, it helps you lift/lower the whole
When Should You See Us?
When you experience any of the problems listed below, know that there is something wrong with your garage door accessories, which is why the problem is occurring in the first place.
- If you need to force the garage door to open or close at any point
- If it is not balanced. In order to check, manually open the door halfway. It should stay in place. If that is not the case then it is not balanced and needs repairs or you might just need a new garage door opener. Check the balance of your door a minimum of once every year.
- If it is making unusual noises when opening or closing.
- If it has been in use for more than 2 years since the last service.
- Visual signs of damage on your springs, cables, rollers, pulleys, and mounting hardware.
- Cable examination for fraying
When you see any of the above-mentioned signs, it is important that you call a professional rather than take the DIY route. More often than not, homeowners think they’ve done a fine job fixing their garage repair door, but they are wrong. You may think everything is under control, but there are literally so many things that can go wrong. And if you do make a mistake, you will have no way of knowing until it has gone way out of hand and become way costlier than when you started.
More importantly, trying to fix your garage door by yourself you could nullify the warranty, which could be monetarily disastrous. It is, therefore, better not to take any chances and instead let a professional handle the situation.
Why Work With Us?
Our prices are relatively affordable as compared to other companies, and we work to make sure that our qualified technicians deliver their best work and utilize the right techniques as well as equipment. Lift Up Bros leaves you with a safe and dependable garage door service team, whether it be for installation, repair or maintenance of your business or home.
Conveniently located in Chicago, we are often available for quick services. If you are looking for an expert to take care of your garage door needs, simply give us a call and we will arrange for an appointment session that is in accordance with your availability. Moreover, if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with us today! Our representatives will respond to your queries quickly and will be more than happy to help you out. Our extensive knowledge and experience also allow us to get the job done right the first time, and at affordable rates.